The Audit Analytics Impairments database tracks impairment disclosures since 2009 for all domestic SEC filers.
- Benchmark impairments by industry, sector, or size
- Research trends involving the largest impairments
- Key data points include reasons and characteristics of impairment, impact on pre-tax income (including EPS, if disclosed), impairment disclosure text, and impairment classification
- Impairment classification includes goodwill, intangibles, and PP&E
- Use impairments as a factor to gauge financial reporting quality
An Impairment is an accounting principle that represents the permanent reduction in the value of a non-cash company asset. An asset’s fair value, cash flow, and future benefits are regularly tested; so when these fall below the asset’s book value, then the difference between the values is written off. This results in the asset’s value declining on the balance sheet.
Rule: ASC 350 & ASC 360
|Accounting + Oversight
|All ’33 & ’34 Act Filers
|Online • Data Feed • Excel • WRDS
DocumentationAccounting + Oversight
Text search is available for this product. Easily find Impairments Database by keywords specific to your needs.
Receive an email alert when we analyze an Impairments change filed by your specified company(ies) of interest